Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I rode a HORSE!

There are tons of things in life that I'd like to do.

Does everyone have that list?

"Things I'd like to do before.."

There are a lot of things that I'd like to do and today I got to cross one of those things off my list.

I went horseback riding.

I've always wanted to try it.  I mean, I love animals, so why not??

This is Military Spouse Appreciation Week and the good people of our base have a whole week of awesome activities lined up for the spouses to take advantage of.

Today was Horseback riding and I was excited.  At least until I got there. I took one look at those horses and I sat in the car, seconds away from restarting the engine and hightailing it out of there, y'all!  I was scared.  Scare of falling off.  Scare of look dumb.  Not sure what I was scare of, but I was all nerves.  But I got out!

And I got on Ruby.  She was beautiful.



And I'm so sure that she knew I was nervous because she was teasing me in the very beginning before the tour buy moving around a lot.  She was fidgety.  But on the trail, she was so calm and so easy going.  It almost seemed like she kept glancing back at me to make sure I was doing good.

But after a few minutes, riding that horse was a breeze.  Felt like I'd been doing it for a long time.  I could have stayed on her for hours!

So there.  I did something pretty awesome.  I tried something new.  And this isn't going to be my last time doing it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you! Isn't your butt sore?

What's the next adventure?

Unknown said...

You know what's funny, Everyone kept telling me that I was going to be sore, but I'm not. It must be that I have been exercising a lot and it's just blending in. LOL!

Kristin said...

That is so neat!! We went to a Bday party a few weeks ago and they had a horse to give rides and the lady tried to get me to go for a ride and I was like, No way!! LOL!! I've always been kind of afraid of horses, but that day, the horse was so beautiful. I guess I should've gone for a ride!