Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vacation Bible school equals Mommy Time!

Okay, so I'm up at what could be considered bright and early around these parts these days.  It's summer vacation and the kids don't get out of the bed until after 10 and I get to sleep in until the birds' chirping outside becomes unbearable every morning. This morning, that time was about 8am.

I bought new pillows yesterday because yesterday's sleep was so uncomfortable as I tossed and turned and turned, flipped and folded my flat and fluffless pillow so many times throughout the night that I woke up with bags and dragged the entire day.  So last night's sleep was so much better on a nice fluffy new pillow.

These last few weeks with the kids home has been challenging, to say the least.  The twerps have been driving me nutso!  Individually they are great, but together they are a hurricane!  Between their not so tidy tactics and their not so nice to each other attitudes, I am at a loss when it comes to how to keep my sanity and not YELL MY HEAD OFF all day!  They wake up to my fussin' and I fuss when they go down.  I felt a lot better when I talked to another mom that is pretty much feeling the same pain that I am and yelling as much as I do.  At least I know I'm not the only one that prefers year-round school.  What a TYRANT I am, huh?

I'm seriously considering finding a Vacation Bible School to put them in for every week of summer vacation just so that I can have some ME time and regroup.  I mean really, show up at a different church every week and drop their butts off!  Really... I'm looking into this! Seriously.  God won't mind!

I haven't let their presence hinder me from my workout though as I still get up to do my Hip Hop Abs workout and some Barry's Bootcamp every morning.  So Yay to me on that!  I have even tried to commit myself to running a mile on the treadmill everyday to add to that.  Okay, so I just started the mile thing on Friday and yes I skipped Sunday and Monday, but I'm really gonna try to implement this into my everyday schedule.  I wanna run for 30 days straight.  Think I can?  Me neither, but I'm going to try.  And since I missed 2 days, my 30 days starts over today.  I say that as I'm lounging on my bed, slowly losing my momentum after a 40 minute workout with Shaun T.

I think it's time for my B12 shot again because I had NOOOOOO drive today and did a fairly lazy workout. My pumps where not on point and my hip flexes kinda flopped!

You know, the plus to Hip Hop Abs is that I might actually find some rhythm, because I have certainly been lacking that all my life!

1 comment:

Shayla said...

you are too funny! I say go for it!! a bunch of vacation bible school never hurt anybody!!!! :)