Saturday, September 18, 2010

Moving....

I'm in a funk today.  While Hubs is up whirling around the house on a mission to get everything in place to put in on the market, I am in a total funk and completely rebellious against help out because I am really hoping that by some grace of God we won't have to make this cross country move all that way to AZ.  I'm not in the least excited.  I have been a military child for the majority and have experienced move after move and the idea of having to uproot myself from somewhere I am completely happy with makes me sad. 

I do want the kids to have the military kids experience which they have not had.  Miss Missy, who will be 6 next month, learned to walk in this house.  When we moved here, Cam could reach the light switches and CJ rode the bus to school for the first time. 

I'm internally boycotting the move by not helping with the preparations and I know that's selfish of me, but just to see all of the paint being brought and the cleaning being done and the "unneeded" things being thrown out or given away is making me extremely..... grouchy.

Please excuse me while I go strangle so unsuspecting kids who are using my living room as a a dodge ball field!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's got to be tough to be attached to where you live and then know that you are moving on. I know so well. But, look at it as an adventure. Will you have to pack and move all of it yourself or will you have help?

Hang in there! Maybe you need to join in the dodgeball game.