Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Outdoorsy Me

I think I like the outdoors more and more.  I never pegged myself for an outdoorsy type girl but I have found a lot of enjoyment in being outside hiking and running and I look forward to taking the boys fishing with their new fishing poles they received from their grandma on Easter.  I have been wanting to buy them a tent even if it's just to use in the backyard.  I saw one online at Walmart and I'm gonna get it one day.


Problem is, the Husband, who has retired from being a soldier, doesn't do camping.  Strange, huh?  Maybe, but I guess being forced to live in the elements has completely turned him off and refuses to take the kids camping.  And if you've every seen me in nature, with bugs and heat and wild animals, you KNOW I couldn't do it by myself, so it looks like camping... real camping... may not be in the cards anytime soon. 



So, for now, I simply have to enjoy the outdoors any way I can get it.  Right now, that's walking or hiking the Augusta Canal or the Grovetown Euchee Trails.  Both of these places are so serene and peaceful and gives me just enough outdoorsy stuff to scratch my itch, but not over kill that might have me running and screaming in a panic from snakes or killer rabid racoons.



Isn't this beautiful?!?




2 comments:

Syrone said...

Baby steps. A backyard camp out is a great way to enjoy the outdoors in your own backyard. Who knows, maybe after you've enjoyed that experience, you'll be ready to try camping a little further away from home. Of course, your hubby will miss you and the kids and want to join you. (One can only hope.)

Abilene Demolition Contractors said...

Thankks for sharing