Friday, March 11, 2011

Brains or Beauty? Through the eyes of a little girl.



So, I'm watching Tyra Banks and she has little pageant girls on the stage.

An audience member asks this beautiful little girl, "Would you rather be pretty or smart?"

The little girl pauses, smiles and says, "I'd rather be pretty."

I turn to my own very pretty little princesses who is diligently stuffing her face with vanilla oreo cookies and say, "Would you rather be pretty or smart?"

She wipes the cookie crumbs from around her mouth and says with a big smile, "Smart!"

"Why?" I ask.

"Because if you're not smart, you'll never get a job and make a lot of money!"

I happen to think she's a GENIUS!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss Missy couldn't have said it any better. Great answer. So sad that the one little girl thinks that it's all about beauty. Wait until she grows up.

Tiago said...

hahah The funny thing is that many people fight all their live to have money, and when they have it, invest it on being more beautiful. Some others work 12 hours at day to have money to retire and have free time. I prefer being a regular dude, not very smart or handsome. Not working a lot of hours but enough to go abroad on holidays with my family. This summer we had a rent apartments in buenos aires, is not Europe but it is cheaper, we had a great time and I hadn´t had to work as a slave to achive that.