Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lunch

The Hubs and I had lunch at a Korean restaurant today.  It was actually my first time eating Korean.

I love Chinese, but the two are a bit different. 

Please don't ask me what I ordered because it's not something you can find in the English dictionary, but I was very much okay with my choices. 

What I was NOT interested in trying was the kymshi (or however you spell it)  I can't get over the rotting cabbage thing.

When I was a kid in TX, between the ages of 7 and 9, one of my predominant memories was the Korean lady that lived in our building who use to lay cabbage on a tarp in the sun in front of her apartments until it rotted.  The smell was horrific.  At that time, I couldn't understand why someone would want to eat something that looked like that rotted cabbage and smelled that bad!  I STILL can't stomach the idea.

So needless to say, the kymshi that they put on the table with our meal was still there when we left.


******************************************

3 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

One of my good friends has taught me to make Korean dishes. She swears that kimchee will keep you from catching all sorts of flu bugs and colds. I don't like the taste either.

mrstdj said...

I love Korean BBQ, but I have not tried many Korean dishes. I'd love to try more. Total agree on the kimchi. #absolutefail

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

@CCD and MrsTDJ, I think kimchi could cure cancer and you'd still have to stuff it down my throat.