Monday, March 18, 2013

An Amazing Kid and He's All Mine!

CJ and I were sitting in the living room watching TV and something came on, a commercial, but I can't remember exactly what it was about, but it was a contest with the prize of $10,000.  I jokingly told CJ that he needed to enter that contest so he could win that money.  Told him he could then buy as many shoes as he wanted.  (He's been hinting about his shoes getting small and wanting a new pair)  I tell him that if he wins, he can have $5000 and the other half is mine. 

Fully expecting him to say "NO!  It's all mine!"  I had to smile when he laughed at my proposition and said, "Naaa, that's too much.  Maybe I would take $1000, give Cameron and Kennedy both $1000 and you and dad can have the rest.  I can buy a lot of shoes with a $1000, even though I might only spend save and save some... or probably save it for college." 

My kids are pretty awesome.  I was amazed by the fact that he's thinking of saving for college at 13, but even more amazed by his generosity, not just with me, but the fact that he include his brother and sister in the equation made me HIGH FIVE my son and tell him just how awesome he is. 


2 comments:

Syrone said...

Hi Kay,
I popped over from Love, Life and All that Jazz. (Formerly Writing and All that Jazz). Your son is such a handsome young man. It's cool to see a young man with such values. Especially when it comes to buying shoes. He obviously has a generous heart.

The Adventures of Princess Zaria said...

Way to go, CJ. That's great to think of your family. I don 't know what I would do with the money. Maybe take a luxurious family vacation.