Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why I should NEVER use super glue

Let me tell you about my morning!



How DUMB do you have to be to Super Glue not one, but TWO ink pens to your hands???



Okay so I was twittering. Shoulda been working out but I was procrastinating. The boys had gotten on the bus and I was trying to get in a few tweets before I got on my treadmill. Y'all know how it is.

Tweet: Good Morning fellow tweets!
Tweet: About to get on my treadmill.
Tweet @ fellow tweeter: Oh, I didn't hear about that! What happened?
Tweet @ other fellow tweeter: Amazing post on how grass grows!

You get my drift.

Of course my phone rings. I answer it already knowing that it's my mom, who calls me almost everyday on her way to work.


As usual, because I can't be still while I'm on the phone, I get up and start walking around. When I come back, the Super Glue that I'd used to repair Cameron's broken art project was overturned. I grabbed the ink pen that was laying in the sticky mess and somehow bumped another in the puddle and grabbed that one with the other hand. THAT STUFF DRIES QUICK!

You should have seen me. It was like an old "I Love Lucy" episode. I shook my first hand and the pen was STUCK. I want to put the pen in the other hand down and IT was stuck!

So I go to the bathroom with my fingers hard and wrapped around my writing utensil, and I grab the finger nail polish remover, pour it over my hands and PULL. Okay that hurt. Like ripping off a bandaid, but with SKIN! I was certain I coulda robbed a bank because there was NO way I had finger prints after that!

Did I mention that I almost started a fire?

Okay, so I take a couple of cotton balls with nail polish remover back into the computer room to
try to clean up the super glue from the desk.

So, I'm rubbing, rubbing, rubbing in a circle, stop to admire the white spot I created but taking off the faux wood finish and her here something sizzling. I look at the desk, bend down to listen, it wasn't coming from the desk. Then I realize it was coming from my hand and I think "Oh Snap! My hand is on fire!" and I dropped the cotton ball. Immediately I realized that it was the cotton ball and that I I didn't pick it up it might actually catch the carpet on fire. I took that cotton ball into the bathroom, still sizzling, a little louder now, and threw it in the toilet before it BLEW UP!

I had to go to my PTO meeting with my middle finger partially bent like I had arthritis!

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Ok, I'm gonna try that whole cotton ball thing... just to see what happens, lol. Hey, at least now you know what you need to keep in your purse at all times if you ever go backpacking or camping.

I can relate to the missing fingerprints, done that plenty of times.

Kristin said...

Oh my! You had me laughing at the thought of those pens being stuck to your fingers! Glad you're (pretty much) okay!! LOL!

Unknown said...

I wasn't laughing at you but with you! I do stuff like that all the time but an exploding cotton ball??? I never heard of that. Now that I know, I may even want to give it a try, being the adventurer that I am. Glad you're okay!

Jenni said...

Oh my! At least you didn't superglue yourself to the treadmill! LOL!

Vodka Mom said...

omg that sounds like something I would do!!!

Dysd Housewife said...

Now if you could have had someone ROLLING a video of that, you might be rich right now!! ROFL