Sunday, April 18, 2010

Horny dog is sure to lead to politics!

I was outside today looking for my runaway dog who had somehow escaped the back yard right before her bath (go figure) and I see my neighbor's dog stuck to another.  Ew!  Now, I think, if I'm not mistaken, she'd just gotten this dog fixed earlier this week and here he was, getting him a little, days after the surgery.

So as I approach, the female dog takes off and Ginger, my dog, shoots after her.  I decided to let the neighbor know that Paco could very well become a papa... again... as he'd just been spotted stuck with another little neighborhood dog a few weeks ago.

Anywho, I told my neighbor and teased her about Paco and his womanizing and how irresistible he must be when girl dogs come to the garage where he's chained up to give him a little.  The conversation winds down about the horny little puppy and moves on to how things are just so unpredictable with the weather.  I told her how I was totally surprised by the news a few weeks back of an Earthquake right here in GA!  A small one. 2.1, but an earthquake nonetheless!  Of course that conversation goes to the End Of Days conversation where there are just so many things happening these days that it just seems like the end is near.  All of the weather changes, hurricanes, typhoons and VOLCANO ERUPTIONS, are getting nutso!  I really think that it will only get worse....

ANYWAY, let's not get me started!

So, in that convo comes the talk of homosexuality.  How?  Well, talking of all the bad things in the world now is sure to bring up how homosexuality has become so blatant.  I think she uses that as a perfect opportunity to talk about Obama and how he has just given rights to gays.

OKAY.... I wasn't gonna voice my opinion on this because I'm still pretty unsure how I feel about the whole gay thing and their rights.  I always say "To each his own" meaning I don't really care one way or the other whether they get married.  Okay, that's kinda a lie. I really don't think that marriage should be between two people of the same sex because that's just gross. If they choose to BE gay, then I say "To Each His Own".

Hubs is in the Army, so the whole Don't Ask Don't Tell thing directly effects us.  He and I had the conversation about how he felt about this being lifted.  If you ask me, I just don't think that the military is one of those places where that. seems. right!  When you think military you think of guns and wars.  Okay, this is where I might lose a few friends for my shallowness, but when I think about gays being in the military I can't help thinking that if I were a soldier counting on a gay soldier to have my back and be my battle buddy in a hostile situation, I'd feel a little unsafe trusting a "gay man" to go gung ho on a b&%**!   Okay, I know I'm stereotyping and all gay men are not soft cross dressers, but SERIOUSLY I just can't see them as anything else when it comes to fighting.  Not right, I know.  I mean, having gays in the military is just leading to more problems.  I know for a fact that they are already there and it causes problems already, but now that it is OPEN and ALLOWED, it is sure to just put these people more in harms way of other men that are sure to make their lives HELL!

I also hear that gays now have rights to be considered family to one another when it comes to hospitals.  Well good.  The way I see it, IF you choose to be WITH this person, you should be able to be there for them when they are in a bad way.  Still think it's gross, but hey!

Okay, and the one thing that the neighbor lady said that I simply have to set straight is that OBAMA DID NOT CANCEL NATIONAL PRAYER DAY.  See, apparently there is a rumor spreading like wildfire that Obama canceled Nation Prayer Day for the nation which is celebrated on May 6th.  This is so NOT TRUE!  So my neighbor says that because of this he won't get elected again two years.  This rumor, of course, would have people calling him an atheist.  I mean he is already called a baby killer for giving women the right to decide if they want to have a child.  But I wanted to clarify for those of you that are always looking for Obama to do something wrong that THIS IS A RUMOR.  I immediately looked it up.  I'm not one to spread something without confirmation.  And is was a Wisconsin U.S. District Judge that ruled that the date is unconstitutional.

So, although I had no idea that we even had a National Prayer Day, I'm glad to let everyone one that on May 6th, the nation CAN PRAY!

2 comments:

La Pixie said...

no one can cancel National Day of Prayer. thats like canceling Christmas. you can SAY that you canceled it, but so what? people will pray if they wanna pray. I must be out of touch, cause I totally missed that rumor.

gays getting married... of course Im opposed to that, but Im also opposed to sex outside of marriage. I dont think one is worse than the other, and just like I wouldnt lecture unmarried people for sleeping together, I wouldnt say anything to gay people. if either group tried to justify what they do, I would whole heartedly disagree. I do think that Dont Ask Dont Tell should stay in place. its safer that way.

Unknown said...

I agree. You just can't stop people from praying. It's also really dumb to think you can. And as for homosexuality. I think it's gross. GROSS and WRONG but it's not my place to condemn someone for being that way. Thanks for your point of view.