Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Birthday to My 8 year old!!!

Let me tell you about my Cam.

Today is his birthday.  His 8th birthday.  






Now, I'm not sure how we got to this point so quickly, because it seems like just yesterday he was a toddler, but  it has been a great ride to get to here.

Cam is my most independent child.  He's the one with an opinion for everything and the one that is ALWAYS going to speak his mind.  He is also the most loving child in the world.  He's the one that never forgets to hug and kiss me goodnight.  He's the one that makes sure that I'm okay in every situation.  He's the one that tells me to have a great day before getting on the bus and going off to school.  Cam is the child with a heart of gold.  

He is so smart.  You can have a conversation with him on a grown up level and he will understand every bit of it.  You know when the old folks say someone has an "old soul"?  Well, that my Cam.  He is so perceptive and so knowledgeable on things that you would never think he would understand.  

Cam, I love you.  I love the fact that you make me smile, even when I want to be mad.  I love that you have grown into a young man right before my eyes, yet you are still my baby.  May all of your dreams come true on your special day!  

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Awwww....that was such a sweet post! I hope he had a wonderful Birthday!!