Friday, May 10, 2013

Teacher's are APPRECIATED!

It's been a busy week for me where I was able to use my creative mind again.  AND I LOVE THAT!

It was Teacher Appreciation Week! 

This year, I had a lot of fun helping the kids create fun things to take in to their teachers to let them know how much they appreciate them.  It's funny how exciting this is when they have teachers they love.  Both of my elementary kiddos really love their teachers here in Georgia.  I see that spark in both of them that I didn't see when we were in Arizona and for THAT ALONE, I appreciate the teachers at CRE.  

I love being able to have the kids take things to school that are fun and unique.  The only problem that I have is that EVERYTHING I do is last minute and EVERYTHING I do is something that we end up working on until 10 o'clock or later!  But it's Teacher Appreciation... my favorite school week of the year... so I sacrifice bedtimes. 

Every day of the week, the kids were to bring in a themed gift for their teachers.  My kids, as unique as they are, decided they wanted to give their teacher the majority of their gifts today, on Friday, as one big gift, rather than daily. 

Great for me!  Gave me more time to be creative!

What's terrible is that I didn't get pictures of many of the things they took to school, but I can give you an idea of what we  came up with. 

Sweets for Cam was easy.  A bag of Hershey's Simple Pleasures.
For Miss Missy, though, her teacher is pregnant and just about ready to pop, so i made a mini two-letter diaper cake decorated in hot pink zebra print ribbon and flower hair bows for the new little one.  NO PICTURE!  UGH! 

For Words of Appreciation Day, they both wrote poems.  I loved this because they used their creative minds and wrote from their hearts.  Cam really enjoyed it and felt like he'd found his calling in poetry when the words flowed so easily and he was proud of his masterpiece.



Favorite Flower Day was another fun on.  Came made his teacher a duct tape flower pen and Miss Missy painted a picture of tulips of a canvas with the words, "Thank You For Helping Me Grow" 

For School Supplies Day, We covered some clipboards with zebra-print contact paper and accented it with a stencil of the letters of their last names and blue duct tape.  We also covered a plastic cup with the same zebra print paper and made expo marker flower pens and VIOLA!  A sassy desk set for teacher!  



Oh what fun it was to put together these projects!  THIS is why I stay home!  I love being able to do these things with my kids and they are always so proud to take their projects to school and show them off. 

 


1 comment:

The Adventures of Princess Zaria said...

Great idea! Teaching is a selfless job and teachers deserve to be appreciated.