Monday, December 21, 2009

Kid of the Day Contest


There are only four days left till Christmas. Is it me or did December sprint by us? I'm not ready for it to end. The holidays are a time of the yer when everyone loves each other and shows it. Why can't it las a little longer.

Okay, I don't know about you guys, but I'm not exactly finished with my Christmas stuff yet. I have to get one more present. For my dad. Now I won't go into saying what it is for the slim to none chance that he might actually read my blog, but better safe than sorry. It's from all of us this year. My brother, sister and I. We're in a recession!

I'm gonna be dragging the rugrats around again today. Yesterday they were being absolute twerps on our outing. Our first stop was Walmart and I was two seconds away from leaving all three of them there. I was planning to run out screaming at the top of my lungs

STRANGER DANGER!
STRANGER DANGER!
THESE AREN'T MY KIDS!

So, instead, like the strategic mommy that I am, I told them that we were going to have a contest.

It was the KIDS OF THE DAY contest.

For the remainder of the day, whoever could be the best kid would get something special.

That really worked!

The boys were perfect ANGELS while I dragged them around Cato to find me a pair of jeans! (not so much Miss Missy, but two outta 3 ain't bad) They were like church mice in the car on the way to the grocery store! And they walked like soldiers with out one MAAAAAA! He's called me a name, hit me, LOOKED AT ME!!!!! Didn't realize this favorite child thing would work! uhh, I mean best kids... whatever.

At the end of the day, the Kid of the Day was Runnin' Man. But I did give Honorable Mention to Cam, for his great behavior as well. So both kids, and even Miss Missy gets a prize. What's the prize, you say? A McDonald's lunch on the first day back to school. Little price to pay for just a little sanity!

Okay, so maybe that's not Supernanny's way of handling things. I'm sure there's a psychological hindrance somewhere in there, but WHO CARES! It worked! I'll deal with that when they end up in therapy!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good idea! I think that if it works, then who cares what Supernanny thinks!! All I know is that you had peace of mind!!