Thursday, April 7, 2011

This is what happened...

Today has been quite the day and it hasn't even reached 11 o'clock yet.

I woke up just not feeling it today.  I wasn't feeling a workout and I wasn't feeling a walk.

Now I wish I had.

When the kid's left for school this morning, I decided to take Cam's hamster out of the cage and let her run around in her ball for some exercise while I clean the kitchen and chat it up with my mom on the phone. 

WELL... perhaps i should have paid more attention to Gracie as she ran around in her ball, knowing that Ginger, our dog, has had it out for her since she moved in with with us 3 weeks ago.





I'm not sure how Ginger got that plastic ball open, but I don't think I have to explain what happened. 

So off I go to PetSmart for a replacement.  

OF COURSE there were no Fancy Russian Hamsters that were identical to poor Gracie, so I went with a regular Russian Hamster that was close.  

Now I feel like a BUTT knowing that Cam's going to come home and notice that SOMETHING is different about Gracie.

Gracie #2 is much nicer that Gracie #1.  Maybe he will be forgiving now that he has a hamster that he can actually hold without getting holes bitten into his fingers.  

What do you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did he notice the difference? Dogs don't eat hamsters, do they?