Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sick for Valentine's Day



Feeling pretty bad today. It started last night. I'm guessing that standing outside in 30 degree weather talking with my neighbor WITHOUT a jacket was not the best of ideas. I'd be lucky not to have pneumonia!

Miss Missy was quiet upset with me today for not making it to her Valentine's Party today. I slept until 12:07. She was suppose to be picked up at 12.

I seriously had to DRAG myself out of the bed to get her.

I even dozed off of a second or two in the car after I came back from dropping her off this morning.

Luckily I was smart enough to turn the car off because if I had actually fallen asleep with the car running and the garage door down, I woulda been a goner!

I had fallen asleep in the sweater I'd worn to drop her off. So really, the only thing I had to do was jump up and grab my purse!

And of course, there is no rest for the weary, as I had to go to a parent-teacher conference today for the STRAIGHT-A child turned TEST-FAILING child!

I was actually able to wake up enough to concentrate on what they were all saying. I can't blame it all on him as I haven't been great at making sure that he is studying and completing homework. I've never had to before. Up till now, the boy has been very self-sufficient and has pretty much taken care of himself. Suddenly, in fourth grade, things are harder and he's having trouble. I'm at a lost of how to handle this. This is NOT my child!

Okay, so it's off to a basketball game. All I really wanna do is GO TO SLEEP, but the coach said that they REALLY need CJ to be there this game because there are a few kids out sick and a lot of people are taking advantage of this super-long winter break and going out of town.

Did I mention that Winter break is from Friday till Tuesday? Darn Furloughs!

Anywho, I'm about to pop a couple of Day-Quil and return the calls that have been blowing up my cell today while I was on my death bed and go be the SuperMom I was meant to be, with NO ONE knowing of my woes!


****************************************************

Oh, I forgot to mention how wonderful the MWR is for putting together a little something for the spouse here at home. I got a letter in the mail the other day to come and pick up a special gift from my soldier today. They had a homemade one-of-a-kind card with a special note directly from Hubs. They also had balloons and Fudge. A fudge cupcake with my initial on it. I though that it was a wonderful guesture.

On top of that, Hubs sent a box Carol's Daughter! I love their stuff! He sent me a bottle of perfume for Christmas and it was a WONDERFUL scent. So this box had some bath stuff in it and I can't wait to (find the time to) try it. He also sent Miss Missy some Princess and the Frog Bubble Bath with she said she REALLY REALLY wanted! There should be no problem with getting her in the bath tonight!

There's also a box from VS. I'm assuming that's Victoria's Secret. That one he didn't say I could open yet. Like my birthday, I think he's making me wait until the actual day. That's okay. I'm just happy that I'm getting all of these great gifts'

Miss Missy: I know why daddy is sending us all of these gifts.

Me: Why is that, Mama?

Miss Missy: Because he really misses us.

Me: I think you're right, Miss Missy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm shaking my finger at you...Girl, you better head straight to bed and tell the kids to eat toast and cereal for dinner and put themselves to bed....don't wake you up unless it's an extreme emergency!!

Feel better soon!

Awww, sweet man...thoughtful no matter where he is.

Jay and Sherrie said...

Umm...we really miss you guys. I hope you feel better.

Kristin said...

I sure hope you are feeling better soon! It's just not fair that moms don't get sick days! :(

That's awesome about the gifts!! Hope you have a good weekend!!