Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wii Fit.... OH!


Today is the first day this week that I am able to move my body without whining.

Yeeeaaaaa!

I can't believe how much strain I put on myself on Monday thinking I was some kinda superstar at the gym. An hour on the elliptical and another 30 on the machines. I was almost like I was in a zone where I could feel no pain or get tired, so I kept going.

Well, that wasn't smart because when I woke up the next morning, it felt like I had survived being squashed by an overweight elephant!

The pain literally lasted until I woke up this morning, because I found myself waking up throughout the night last night with trouble rolling over.

You know, thank goodness for Cam. This kid is gonna make some lucky woman pretty happy one day.

I was moving extremely slow throughout the day and Cam musta noticed. When we stepped in the door, Cam asked, "Mom, do you want me to help you take off your boots and give you a foot massage?"

How sweet is that kid? How could I pass that up???

Do you know the last time I had a foot massage? Uhhhhhhhhhhh NEVER! Well, that's wrong. Cam has done it for me before, and you know what? He has some magical fingers!

***********************************

Okay, so for those who wanna know how I like the Wii Fit.......

Do you realize how MEAN that thing is?

I mean, HOW DARE it call me OBESE?

How dare it say OH every time I step on it! I mean, I'm really not THAT bad!

So I have been killing myself at the gym because of what it keeps saying. In that way, it is truly motivating because I am determine to prove that thing wrong and get it to say something nice to me!

And do you know what happened when I stepped back on it?? I GAINED 2 pounds!!!

What kinda MESS????

So today I'm gonna get on after a vigorous workout with one of my exercise videos, Barry Boot Camp and hope that it doesn't feel the 2 plates of spaghetti I scarfed down last night!

On a good note, I went into the school office today and the principal's secretary asked me if I was losing weight. When I said NO (not according to that mean Wii Fit), she said that my face looks smaller. She hadn't seen me in a few weeks. So that made me feel that MAYBE, just maybe this working out stuff might just be doing something.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ain't that somethin'? The Wii Fit is really good about squashing enthusiasm. I'm tired of mine saying, "oh!" when I step on. Maybe for once, she'll say, "Glad you decided to join me" instead.

Kristin said...

LOL!!! I might have to think twice about getting it if it's going to say that when I get on! Ha!