Sunday, September 11, 2011

Repost from September 11th 2008

There are some things that you never forget. 

I figured that in light of the 10th Anniversary of September 11th, I would repost the post I wrote remembering this tragedy.  It's so vivid to me still and I wrote a post on this on my Huachuca Wives page a few days ago which was very similar to this one.  The precise memories of what I was doing that day will never fade away.


September 11th.



As all of you, I remember where I was on that horrific morning 7 years ago. I was sleeping in late that day, pregnancy was not agreeing with me one bit. I remember that I was going through this major depression, unhappily pregnant, unhappily married, just miserable. So I didn't want to get out of bed that morning, but I did. Went into the living room and turned on the TV.

As I sat on the couch. I remember wondering why was this movie on my TV instead of Divorce Court, which at that time I was watching faithfully (probably due to my marital situation). Surely, I hadn't left the TV on one of my premium HBO or Showtime channels. Nor had I ever seem this movie before. I changed the channel and it was there too.

One of the Twin Towers (which I really knew nothing about at that time being from the south and all) was burning. The Today's Show commentators were sounding solemn and nervous. I watched for a few minutes, thinking what in the world could have happened to that plane to cause it to crash into a building? Then came the second one.

Oh my God! I sat on that couch with my mouth wide open in disbelief thinking, "What the hell is going on?" The voices on the TV were fractic and I picked up the phone to call Hubs, who of course didn't answer the phone, usually unable to get reception from his office at work. So I sat there, alone and afraid and a little thankful that my 1 yrs. old slept soundly in his bed.

I watched as the flames burned the people started jumping. Then the first building went down, I started to cry.



Today, and every year to the date since, I think back to those events. I always say a little prayer for those people that were in those buildings and their families and those that fought to saved them, many losing their lives. I say a prayer for those who have lost their lives since because of those terrorist attacks, and those still losing their lives even today. That tragic day. September 11th 2001 changed our world forever and for every year on this day forever more I will remember.

1 comment:

Mocha Dad said...

We will always remember.