Thursday, June 4, 2009

Beyonce' woke me up at 5:30!

I am up WAY too early today and believe me, I am none too happy about it.

Somewhere in the midst of my dreams I hear, "Hey Kay, did you take those underwear back to the store yesterday?"

"No." I did manage to groan that out as I open my eyes to a blurry husband standing somewhere between the light coming from the kitchen and my place of what use to to SLEEP.

So I go to close my eyes and the radio pops on!

He'd gone into the bathroom, closed the door and turned the radio on. THE RADIO! So here I am AWAKE now because of a question about some underwear when there is a drawer FULL of them, listening to Beyonce' Uh oh Uh oh Uh oh herself away. And any other time I would got up and been doing it with her but now I'm stewing in frustration because I'm sleepy and can't get my mind back to sleep, wondering why the heck was that question so important at 5:30 in the morning when, again, there is a drawers FULL of underwear in the dresser!

The TV was already left on from the night before and now the radio was pretty much drowning that out with the bathroom door closed.

Well, since I obviously was not getting any sleep anyway, I got up and came into the computer room.

So when he gets out of the shower, of course he comes to look for me and when he finds me in here staring at the screen load he asked, "Too loud?"

Now I am up at 5:30am in sitting in front of computer. I have no job, it's summer vacation and no reason to not be counting sheep right now, WHY ELSE WOULD I BE UP???

I must have given him THE LOOK, because to me that was a crazy question.

But you know what? Instead of a simple apology, it becomes MY FAULT! MY FAULT???

"See, that goes back to communication. Why didn't you just say something? I asked you last time if it was too loud and I didn't know it was loud if I'm in the shower and the TV is already on. You shoulda just said something."

I'm thinking, what do you mean, last time? Last time you had the radio on in the shower with the music blaring it was 8:30 in the morning, not 5:30 and I told you that it was loud but that it was okay because I needed to be getting up anyway!

At that time, I imagined myself walking into the bathroom, snatching the alarm clock radio out of the wall socket, and throwing it into the shower. HOW'S THAT FOR COMMUNICATION????

(okay, at least I was going to unplug it first! Didn't contemplate killing anyone.)

So, here's your communication, you know the silent unspoken, kind. Don't be surprised when that radio becomes MISSING!

A simple I'm sorry, my bad would have been the right thing to do.

He's gone now and I'm gonna TRY to go back to sleep!


Execumama said...

LOL! I'm going to pray for him so you don't strangle him one of these fine days (haha!). Hilarious post. I hope you were able to get back into shut-eye mode.

Amy McMean a.k.a McSunshine said...

Oh man.

5:30 in the A.M. I think thats grounds for bodily harm

Jenni Jiggety said...

I say he's lucky you don't make him SLEEP in that shower...

La Pixie said...

he is lucky to be alive. and you are forgiving. thats all I have to say about being woken up at 530am when you dont have to get up.

Tiffany said...

I saw your comment on Classy Chaos and you mentioned Germany. I felt the same way, homesick when I was living there, now wishing I could go back. Maybe someday when hubby's Army days are over...

Great blog. So glad to have found you!

Ms. Bar B: said...

Hahaha, damn. And this is why I don't have a mate, lol.