Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Baby is Growin' Up!

Today was one of those days when I realized my baby is growing up.  

I signed him up for middle school.

(insert Awwwwwws here)

They talked about lockers and changing classes and in-school sports and I just can't believe that I have a middle schooler.!  

He's not even big enough to be a middle school!  He's so PUNY that I'm afraid someone might try to stuff him in one of those lockers!

But, never the less, my son is growing up.  I'm expecting things to change from this point.  While he still enjoys Legos and playing with his little brother now, I expect that teenage attitude to kick in and for him to start wanting his own space, spending more time in his room and finding a lot more things to be BABY STUFF.  


Puberty!  Pimples!  Public hair!  OH MY!

Oh the joys of my baby growing up!





I'm Participating in Mama Kat's Writing Prompts this week.  I chose to write on the prompt:

Choose a writing prompt from the list provided that inspires you most.

3 comments:

A day in Candiland said...

I can appreciate that. I have a senior and 8th grader this year, along with a 3rd grader. Time is flying by. They grow up so fast once they hit middle school. Keep the faith.

Jay and Sherrie said...

1Holy Cow they grow up fast.

I love the pic of him. Great job

Arnebya said...

I get you; I'm not ready either. I have two girls starting third and sixth grade this year and that middle schooler is gonna send me insane, I'm sure of it. Already at my shoulder, boobs bigger than mine (granted mine are nonexistent, but still!). I'm just not ready.