Monday, July 14, 2008

8 Years Ago

I received a bulletin on myspace today from a friend of mine that asked "How much have you changed in 8 years?", and after reading through it, although many of the questions were geared towards the younger crowd (wow, when did I leave that crowd?), it got me to thinking.



There were questions about how old you were, what piercings did you have and what car di you drive, and what school did you attend. And it got me to thinking about the "plan I once had for my future and all the things I wanted to do before I turned 30, much of which I have not accomplished.



Eight years ago, I thought 30 was forever and a day away. Eight years ago, thirty was OLD. Eight years ago, I just knew that CJ was going to be my only child and I would have a degree in Business Administration, my own career and working towards owning my own company. My, how we gear off path.



Into my mix, I have added Cameron and Kennedy.










And that degree I wanted is has been put on hold to be a stay at home mom to my wonderful children. Eight years later, I'm trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I'm trying to find the time and the money to go after that degree and am now hoping to get into the real estate industry really soon. Eight years later, I'm still searching to find ME in all this chaos of being a mom, a maid, a Army Wife, a tutor, as well as so many other jobs I don't remember applying for.



Funny how life is and how that "master plan" you once had for yourself doesn't seem to always pan out the way you thought. But I have to admit that I can't complain about what I now have, eight year later.

No comments: