Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Count down to the first day

I decided that today will be the beginning of school shopping. I kinda like doing this because it gives me some time with my kids and I get to see how their likes and dislike have changed since last year.

This year I have a 1st grader and a 3rd grader. Wow how the time has flown. I watch CJ (the 3rd grader) change ever day and he does everything he can to try to be the "Big Kid" and be cool. Before it seemed so simple to just go out and buy things for him and see his eyes light up because he has something new. Now....... he has an opinion. If he doesn't like it, he's quick to say.

Cam is going to the first grade. He's still my baby, right? Cam is still at the age where if I like it, he likes it. Mommy is his world. He's going to make a great first grader.

It's scary to know that as they grow another year, so do I. Pretty soon Mom is going to be so uncool and soooo clueless. Pretty soon they are going to want to do the school shopping by themselves and that's scary. So I rather enjoy the school shopping days, because all too soon, they'll be gone.

No comments: