Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tell It Like It T-I-Z Tuesday

Okay, for those of you who don't know, I've started a new segment in my blog as titled.


Tell It Like It TIZ Tuesday






This is where I pick absolutely any topic and voice my opinion, no matter what it may be. I'll be talking about anything from fashion to politics. What ever float my fancy on Tuesday. Some people might really be interested in my opinion, others won't. It's okay. Everybody can't be swimming in my world of fabulocity!








*************************************************************



Today was a hard one. I simply couldn't figure out what I wanted to talk about on this Tell It Like It Is Tuesday. There are plenty of things that I want to blog about, I'm having trouble picking just one.

Okay, you guys might be tired of hearing about my election views, but we only have 7 more days, so what the hell!




Seven days left until Election Day. For many, this is a BIG day. I don't know about you guys, but around here, many people are getting time the day off from work and my kids are out of school that day. It's a BIG THING!

As you know, I've already voted. We are one of the lucky states who participate in early elections. So Hubs (in uniform), Miss Missy and I signed our two well-dressed boys (it was Dress for Success/ Dress Like a Politician Day at their school) out of school and our happy little family was off to the polls. This election is historical in so many ways and I wanted them to be a part of the experience.

The wait outside was fairly short, about 15 minutes, as they were letting about 3 people in at a time.

We cast our ballots, Runnin' Man watching over Hub's shoulder and Sir Talk-A-Lot and Miss Missy watching me. Of course Sir-Talks-A-Lot couldn't keep quiet, constantly letting the people next to me know who my selection was. We left with a ton of 'I'm a Georgia Voter' stickers, given to the kids by every precinct worker there.

So here we are at the very end of the election and it is CLOSE!! I must say, I'm almost as worried as I am excited. Who is going to be our next president? Who is going to clean up the mess that our soon to be former president has put us in? I, of course am banking on Barack, but either one has to be better than what we have, right?

So here goes the meat and potatoes:

It seems to me that being the the rears has turned McCain into a ugly vicious person. He is pulling out all the stops trying to attack Obama's character, trying to make voter's sway their votes his way by saying hurtful things.


Come on with the Bill Ares thing already! The man was 8! What the heck does that have to do with now?

What are you going to do about this economy, McCain?

How is it better to give to the rich and have the poor average folks continue to pay for their mistakes?

Why is it a mistake to have the more fortunate pay more into the system the those that can't afford to do so? I have waited years for someone to have the balls to do this! Long before I knew of a Barack Obama.




********************************************************************

And that Sarah Palin. Wow is she getting some heat. Now that she has received crap from the media (and a little from me) about her $150,000 GOP spending spree, she's back to wearing her "thrift shop" duds. HA! What a coincidence!



Now do I think she is being a "DIVA" because she shopped for new clothes? NO!

Do I think she had to spend so much or shop at SAKS? Uh uhh, she didn't need the name brands.

Do I think that she could/ should have shopped with her own cash? YEP! She hasn't gotten the position, so she still have to get what she can afford.

Do I believe that every woman needs some new duds when they are going to be in the spotlight? Hell Yeah! I want new duds every time I do a night out with the girlz. I want a new outfit every time I go to a PTO meeting. Those PTO moms are some judgemental heffas!



I have to give it to the chick, she wins my vote for best dressed!

But does she really know what the heck she is talking about? Can she really be president if need be? Has her PTA background given her training for running the country? I mean, they kept her in hiding for quite a while after that dreaded Katie Couric interview, obviously treating her like Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady. Molding her into a debutant. "The RAYNE in SPAYNE stay MAYNLY in the PLAYNES"

************************************************************

Lastly, I feel so sorry for Jennifer Hudson. If you haven't heard about this, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL WEEKEND?

Her mother and brother were found murdered in their home in Chicago on Friday. Her 7 year old nephew was kidnapped from the scene and found yesterday morning murdered in her deceased brother's stolen SUV.

My heart and prayer go out to the American Idol singer turned actress and her family.

I can't for the life of me understand (and I may be wrong for saying this) why was her family still living in Chicago, the murder capital of the U.S., when she is now a "superstar/celebrity? Now, no one knows who did this, but with her being who she is, you'd think that her mom would have moved to a house in a safe area. I was surprised that they were still living in the heartland of their hometown. Personally, if I became a superstar, I'd buy me and momma a house in a better, if not one of the best, neighborhoods to get them away from things like this. No one reported hearing gunshots because it was common in their area. Hmmm. I'm sorry but this is not the way I'd want to live if I didn't have to.

Again, My heart and prayers goes out to this family. Another senseless loss it seems. And I pray that somewhere along the way she can find some peace and that this cold, cold person will be brought to justice.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

1. Congrats on voting. I can't wait to do the same next week. I wont have to go far since my polling station is in my apt complex!!

McCain is hilarious to me. Especially the fact that he feels that his winning ticket is Joe the Plumber, who if he was actually a real stand up kind of guy, which we now know he ISN'T, he would actually benefit greatly from Obama's plan as a small business owner. IN YO FACE GRANDPA!!

2. Palin is an interesting cookie too. I just can't see a moose killer running the country, I don't give a damn how good she looks, lol.

3. G0-BAMA. Was shocked as hell, but not surprised, that these idiots are already trying to take him out before he's even in office.

4. I am equally saddened by J Hud's tragedies. Its just unbelievable. I hope that she is able to recover from this.

Amarie said...

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with Jennifer Hudson and her family. What a tragedy.

Jenni said...

That Jennifer Hudson story is soooo sad, isn't it? Ugh...

Melissa said...

I've already voted too....and feel so good knowing that I've made my contribution to "change" the state of our country!!
Also, that is SO SAD about Jennifer Hudson and her family...I'm horrified and amazed that even in a domestic dispute, somebody could take that out on a child (let alone anyone else)!!

AND-- have you ever thought of doing a "tell it like it TIZ Tuesday" with a Mr. Linky?? Everybody could "tell it like it tiz" on their own blogs and then add a link on mr. linky on your blog... I think it's a great idea because I'd love to "tell it like it tiz"

Rhonda Gales said...

I've already voted, but still following the stumps.

As for Sarah Palin, $150,000 for a someone who can't recall what newspaper she reads or can't give a Supreme Court ruling. The fact that they're making a joke out of her on SNL tells me something.

My thoughts and prayers are with Jennifer Hudson and her family.

Love your blog.