Thursday, November 5, 2009

Does COLD kill swine flu?

Last night was Sir Talks-A-Lots last game.

They lost.

Of course.

Anywho...

One of the last things said at the end of the night was, "Hey parents, Such and Such was not here tonight because he has the SWINE FLU. He played last night, so parents, keep an eye on your kids!"

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Just the thing that we have been avoiding like the plague! (It kinda IS the plague!)

The good thing is, he doesn't go to our school, BUT if it is that close then it is only a matter of time before it spreads to our school.

I'm praying that because it was about 40 degrees last night, the germs couldn't pass from the ball to the other kids hands. I'm hoping that even the almighty H1N1 is not match for almost freezing weather. I mean, it was pretty cold out there, and from what I hear, classrooms are usually kept cool to slow down the spread of germs.

Do I need to make a run to the health department at the first sniffle? No signs of a flu yet, but how long does it take to get symptoms after being infected?

OMG! Somebody PRAY with me that we don't get THAT flu!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you find out, then let us know. I have no idea but I'm hoping that you and the kids are safe from it.

Kristin said...

Oh my....I have been praying we don't get it over here either! Hope he stays well!!!