Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A case of the YOU's!

Okay, I'm not a perfect person and I accept that about myself.

One thing about disagreements between Hubs and I is that he is so good at telling me what my faults are.

Now, often times I have to agree with him.

I DO have a bad attitude, which he is constantly calling my BIG attitude problem.

I AM moody.

I DON'T handle the finances well.

I'm NOT the best communicator.

When we have a discussion about us, these are the things that I constantly have to hear.

My faults.  Do you know how hard it is to listen to someone go on and on about what is wrong with you for the duration of the conversation?

I mean, in these discussions, I don't deny that these things are not a problem.  But I don't like the idea that the finger is always being pointed at me as these things being the reason that something is not right.  I don't like to have to sit and listen to my faults being thrown in my face.

I know they are my faults and I accept that.  I try not to throw people's faults in their face and I hate when mine are constantly brought up as the reason for everything bad.

How should I look at this?  Accept my faults and move on?  Or change who I am?

***********************************************************************

On a lighter note, here is Cam's Birthday Cake for his Super Awesome Army/Water party!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That's such a neat cake! Hope he had a great Birthday party!

One day I told my husband that I realized I was selfish and he goes, "You're just now realizing that?!" I was like, you did not just say that!! LOL!! I think you definitely should be yourself, but of course I guess we can always try harder when it comes to the things we do that we know we shouldn't do. However, some things just aren't going to be our gifts. Some things we just aren't meant to be good at, because that's the way God made us. I'm never going to enjoy cooking or be a gourmet cook and I've accepted that! Sometimes it's okay to just admit it and move on!

Unknown said...

That's a good point. I try to get him to understand that balancing the budget is just not something I'm good at. He does numbers in his head. He still tells me that I should at do it anyway. I try, but I'm just not good at it.