Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Random procrastination

I'm using today to just get some things done around the house. I have a lot to do as I look at all the junk that is laying around here.  I really just wanna have a yard sale, but I don't think that I have enough junk to put into it that would sale and make a wasted Saturday morning worth my time. Have you ever had a yard sale?  It takes preparation.  You can't just go out there in the morning and start dragging stuff out and say, "Here!  What's your price?"

I do want to get rid of my living room furniture. I have had it for 11 years now and it use to be an off-white color.  Well, you can imagine, 3 kids later, it's not exactly.... nice anymore.

I can't seem to sit down long enough to get through Eclipse.  And if the movie comes out soon, I'll be mad.  Because I can't see it until I finish the book.

I need to workout today. I wanna take a run, but I'm afraid that I won't be as good at it as I want to be.

I want to get my nails done.  I haven't had a manicure in 3 years.  I think it's time.

And I'd love a pedicure.  Why not?  I mean, really.  Who doesn't get their nails done?  That's one thing that I would love to be able to keep up on myself. I don't go get my hair done, so why not my nails?  I already have old looking hands.  they are all wrinkly and stuff. I think I get those from my mom.  If nothing else is wrinkled on that woman it is her hands.  And I got them.  How do I cure that problem?  Hmm, time to do some research!

Wonderful weekend ahead.  I need to go shopping.

Okay, now that I have procrastinated this morning, I have to get to work.  Decide on what needs to be done most and what needs to be done first.

Here's my list.

Mop floors
Wash car
Run a mile
Fold laundry
Vacuum house
Clean garage
Drop off Hub's car at the shop.
Stop by Lowe's to find a piece for my broken garage door.

And it's already, 9 o'clock.  Y'all I don't think I can get all of this done by 2.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Just about all that is on my list as well...but I'm sick, and it just keeps piling up!

Syrone said...

Just keep reminding yourself that it's okay if you don't accomplish everything. I think we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to make it all happen. When it doesn't, we feel as if we've failed. You deserve to have that manicure. So go out and enjoy it. The to do list will wait until you return.

Kristin said...

Don't you hate it when you're going all good on your list and you have to stop because it's time for the kids to be out of school?! It seems like I never can get it all done before then!