Saturday, June 11, 2011

Falling teeth

Do you ever have strange dreams and wake up wonder the meaning?

I don't remember most of my dreams, but the ones I do remember, I sometimes wonder if they mean something significant or I've I'm just that creative (or crazy). 

The other night, I dreamed that my teeth were falling out.  You ever had that dream.  One by one and even 2 or 3 at a time (I didn't know I had that many teeth) they would fall out when I ran my tongue across them.  I kept spitting them out in my hand and wondering what the heck was going on.

So, curious me, I had to look up the meaning of that dream.  It must mean something, right?  I have this same dream often.

This is what I came up with on Dream Interpretations website.

1. Anxiety about how you look
2. Anxiety about how others think you look
3. Fear of being sexually impotent which may occur once you grow old.
4. You may be having the fear of being made a fool of in a particular situation.
5. Some interpreters say that since teeth are used to eat, bite, chew and even tear some particular food, they symbolize power. So if you lose your teeth it simply signifies that you are left with no power anymore.
6. Recent research also shows that women who are having menopause have such tooth falling dreams. This could be related to their anxiety in getting older.
7. Sometimes teeth falling dreams also signifies that you are insecure about your finances.
8. Fear of being lonely or deserted.
9. Traditional interpretation of such dreams would mean you are suffering from malnutrition.
10. Spiritually, a falling teeth dream represents that you are deviated from the word of God and are concentrating more on following someone else other than Him.
11. In the Greek culture, such a dream is associated with some sickness or death of your loved ones.
12. The Chinese say that you could have such dreams if you might have lied to someone about something.
13. Some say that the tooth falling dream is based on an old fairy tale. It represents money and if you can keep your tooth under you pillow you would earn a lot of coins.

I AM vain.  But not any more vain that I've always been.  :-)  I have however been pretty concerned about my hair lately and about how dry my skin is since I've been here in Arizona.  

I'm not afraid of being lonely or deserted.  My kids won't leave my side!

Suffering from malnutrition?  Hmmm.  Have you SEEN me?  Uh NO!

I could agree with the Greek on this one.  Sickness on a loved one has been weighing heavily on me lately.  My dad's chemo is taking a toll on him.  He's sleeping a lot and eating next to nothing.  He's down 9lbs in the past 2 weeks.  It's hard to be so far away and have to hear about it all over the phone.  So perhaps that's why my teeth are falling out in my dreams.  Smart Greek!

********************************

Oh, and by the way, I WON the photo contest!  YAY ME!  Thanks so much to all of those that took the time to vote!  

Kay

No comments: