Thursday, June 30, 2011

I need a bath

I know I've asked this question before, but I'm going to post about it again.

What is your ME TIME moment?

I know that for many moms, finding that moment in time to just "get away" from it all, even if it's just hiding in your room closet can be rare. 

Al lot of mommies say that a good bubble bath is when they have their me time.  I, however, have lived in this house for almost 6 months and I have used this nice tub maybe twice.

Taking a bath was already too much of an issue when you have people knocking on the door to ask questions and say, "Moooooom, he won't leave me alooooooone!"  

Me time for me is escaping to my computer to read blogs or "play" on Facebook.  Now that the kids are out of school and I'm a full-time mom (hee hee), me time is usually just an escape in my mind and not necessisarily time alone.  It's that time I can mentally get away and IGNORE what the kids are doing or saying.  And I can do this well, until someone is crying.  You'd think that these twerps would cry less the older they get, right?  HA!  

MOOOOOOOM, he puuuuushed me!!!!

So where do you find YOUR me time during the summer, because as a full-time mom in the summer time, I'm NEVER ALONE!

Kay

2 comments:

KCSherri said...

OMG, this is too true! And I laughed when you called your kids "twerps" - that is too true, as well! :)

The kids sleep in during the morning, and I escape to my backyard and the lake, where I take 30 minutes and kayak. Me and Mother Nature and the silence of the lake.

When I get back to the house, the kids are none the wiser that I've had some much-needed "me time." :)

Kristin said...

Haha!! As long as I'm at home, I get no me time, especially in the summer! I thought I was going to have it made this fall now that they all will be in school, but then I found out we're having a new baby! LOL! My me time is when I escape after my hubby gets home and make a run to Starbucks! It's 20 minutes away, so it's always a nice drive/getaway. :D