Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Doctor Gave Us Good News

Sir Talks-A-Lot had his cardiology appointment yesterday and I have to thank GOD that he is fine. The doctor says that there is nothing wrong with his heart. She said that the poor child was probably a bit dehydrated and week and that there is something about combing the head that can stimulate tiredness and possibly passing out.


I can attest to that because anytime I get my hair done you can best bet that I'm gonna get my Z's on in that chair.


She also said (and this may be good info just in case any of you every experience a child passing out) that picking him up off of the floor after his first fall was not the best thing to do because him passing out was the brain's way of telling the body that it wasn't getting enough blood. What happened when we picked him up was the blood that was trying to rush back to his brain, immediately slowed down it's travel. The brain said "HEY! I said I needed some blood up here!" And sent a message to the body to pass out that second time. Which is why after having him laying on the floor while waiting for the ambulance to arrive, he was able to sit up on his own just fine by the time they got in the door.



If you missed Cam's story of how he scared me half to death, read it here.



So, now, although I know that my child has no heart or brain issues, I'm still a little concerned about him. He is still not back 100%. He has still been complaining about his stomach hurting and he is having headaches. Last night, we went to a basketball game and while the other kids were roaming the halls and enjoying themselves, he was either leaning on me or sitting on the floor.

Something is still wrong with him and I don't like it one bit. He's 6. Should he be complaining of headaches?

Right now, with the beautiful spring weather coming in after our horrid snow day, you'd think he's want to be outside playing with his brother.


I guess, I'll be taking him back in to the doctor's office soon. They now know the Wise kids by name!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay I am obviously behind in my reader LOL. I am so glad to hear he is okay. My heart just skipped a few beats when wi just read your other post. What a relief!

Unknown said...

Now you just have to keep us updated on why he isn't quite up to par yet, I will still be praying for little dude :)

Unknown said...

Good you're on top of it. It still sounds like he's just not feeling well so I'm with you....pound on the doctor's door.

I hope that they can see him soon and that he's feeling better. I'll be praying for Cam.

Kristin said...

So glad to hear his heart's okay. I do believe as Mommy's we have that Mommy instinct and it's usually right, so if you feel he needs to be checked further, I wouldn't hesitate to take him back. Better to be safe! I will keep you all in my prayers!

Have a great weekend Diva Ma!!

Kristin

Clare Therese said...

Glad to hear that his heart is fine. My prayers will remain with you all.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Based on past experience, I always go with my gut. And no one knows your children as well as you, regardless of what doctors may think. So, if you think there's something still not quite right, I'd go back. And keep pushing. Your child needs you as their advocate.

On the other hand, maybe he's just fighting a virus?

I guess keep a close eye on him and watch, take him back in a few days if things don't change...

Jenni said...

I am glad the Dr. had good news for you! I'll be keeping him in my prayers and I hope the ped. can help you figure out the headaches!

Amy McMean said...

I'm glad to hear that they have ruled out somethings. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Amy said...

I'm so glad it's not his heart! How terrifying that you even had to consider that possibility.

It's good you are still keeping a close eye on him though, if he's not acting 100% yet.

Your kids are simply gorgeous, btw!

Amy B said...

I am so glad you got some good news with his heart. I know you are still worried that he is not 100%. Maybe he is just fighting some bug or could it of scared him ? The reason I asked that is I have a son who has major medical issues and I know that when he was little and would have medical stuff sometimes just the simple stuff would wear him out...I think it scared him. Not sure if that made sense.
I am just happy he is okay. I was worried for both of you.
Hugs