Friday, March 13, 2009

My bout with influenza

I'm back! I know that I was missed. Come on! Admit it. You guys missed me.

Okay, well maybe I'm fooling myself, but while I was sick, the ONE thing that kept going through my mind and was forcing me to get better is knowing that I had tons of disappointed blog fans just waiting on pins and needles to see what would come outta my keyboard next.

Yes, I am still on meds. Yes, maybe they have me a little delusional.


Anywho, for all of you that sent me well wishes while I was on my death bed suffering from a severe case of INFLUENZA, thank you so much.

If you have never had the flu, DON'T GET IT! Run like hell and go get your flu shot NOW!

I was so sick I couldn't move. I know I blamed it on my germ infested twerp, but I guess I didn't get the flu from him. He only really has the sniffles.

No, what I have is WAY WAY worse.

I spent the first 3 days glued to my bed moaning and groaning and PRAYING for some sorta relief.

I'll never forget to take my flu shot again.
_______________________________________________________

So because I haven't been out of the house this past week or allowed to interact with my children for that matter, I don't have anything to blog about.

Hubs had me quarantined to my room like I had the plague. He came in to bring me food every now and then, sprayed some Lysol and chained the door to my dungeon shut. I almost forgot what the kids looked like. Not that I CARED at the time.

They weren't allowed to cross the threshold, and every now and then I'd catch a glance of one of the standing at the door and they'd whisper, "Momma, are you okay?" or "Do you feel better?"

Well, one of the younger two anyway. Runnin' Man seemed to care less. He's not the nurturing type at all. Who ever he marries better hope she never gets sick because I'm pretty sure she's gonna be going to get her own chicken noodle soup.

The only one that seemed to constantly get across the barrier was the dog, Ginger, whom I remember constantly shooing away as she jumped on the side of my bed smelling my putrid sick breath. I'm surprised she didn't pass out!

I'm so thankful that Hubs took the week off to take care of me and deal with the kids. I think they would have been taken away by social services for starvation if I would have had to go it alone.

The best part about it all was that he cooked and it was always something different than what I make. It was nice to have a different touch in the kitchen.

I'm still dizzy. Still not ready to get up and take the reigns totally yet, but I'm a mom. I won't be able to get too many more days of sick leave.

4 comments:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Glad you're starting to feel a bit better. Scary stuff, that flu.

You have a great hubby there! I'm not too sure mine would have taken the week off to take care of things...

Unknown said...

It's too late for the flu shot this year but next year, jump on it. I'm glad that you're starting to feel like yourself again. What a sweet man to let you rest, even if he did have the Lysol handy and you in quarantine.

Kristin said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better and that hubs took care of you! How sweet!! You are always missed when you aren't typing away!!

LOL about Runnin' Man's future wife having to get her own soup!!

Jenni said...

I did miss you! I am glad you are feeling better...the flu is the PITS!