Friday, March 20, 2009

Ultimate Blog Party '09 - WELCOME!

Welcome to My Party!


Over at 5 minutes for Mom, they are hosting this Ultimate Blog Party 2009!

Ultimate Blog Party 2009


It simply has to be one of the hottest spots on the web right now because this party is giving you a chance to blog-hop to some really great sites and meet some really great and interesting people.

Now truth be told, the REAL reason I wanna participate in this party is not for the fun and meeting of "cool new people".

It's for the PRIZES!

Some of these cool people are giving away great prizes to get you to read their blogs. What a wonderful way to bribe folks to come visit you, huh?

Well, for those of you who are new here, you might wanna know a little about me. And for those of you who frequent Mommy Fabulous, you already know I'm a bit of a nut, but you may learn something about ol' Diva Ma that you may not already know.

My name is Kay. I'm a 31 year old stay at home mom. A mom to three brats that I obviously love very much because I continue to allow them to live in my house and take over my life. I'm the Sarah Palin to my kids' school. Yeah, I was suckered into being the Vice President of the PTO there and, although you might on many, many, many, many, many occasions find me complaining about PTO and the fact that I really do have to work my tail off like it is a PAID position, I really do like what I do.

I am blessed to be able to be a stay at home mom because my husband is a SOL-JAH! He is working his a** off being all that he can be in the US Army. And while I had no intensions of being one of those women who stays home with the kids while their man brings home the bacon, there are so many aspects to why we chose this route for our family. And while kicking and screaming the whole way through, I finally realized that staying home with my younguns is what is best for our happy little home right now.

Okay, so meet the youngsters.

My youngest, Miss Missy, is my little princess who dreams of being a ballerina. At 4 (and a half, I am reminded), She hasn't had the chance to actually take a class yet, but you can't tell her that she is not a ballerina as she twirls and spins her way through my living room, just practicing for when she IS in ballet. She's quiet the photogenic little thing as everytime I take out my camera, she is ready with a big grin. She's heading off to pre-K and I'm am so happy. Not because she is going to get a great start on her educational path. Ehhh, okay that's good to, but I will FINALLY have my days to myself!

Sir-Talks-A-Lot is the typical Middle Child Syndrome child. He's 6(and a half, of course, because his birthday of next month, LOL). He is the one that I have the most stories about simply because he is funny, vocal and very animated and direct. He is also the sweetest child in the world. When he is not throwing temper tantrums, he is constantly reminding me of how wonderful I am and how I am the best mom in the world. That's is usually followed by the reminder of how MEAN I am, 10 minutes later, but at least I know he thinks the world me right now.

Runnin' Man, the 8 year old, gets his name because the boy is an all around natural athlete, like his daddy. If it involves a ball, he can do it. He's a booksmart kids that tends to lack common sense. The boy is a straight A student, but I have to ask on so many occasions, "Are you SURE you passed that gifted test?" Common sense is not his strong point, but thank goodness he has brains, beauty and BASKETBALL!

Me, you ask? It's always been hard for me to talk about myself. I'm still in the process of trying to figure out what I wanna be when I grow up. I'm one of those creative people who loves to draw, create, write and read. I use to dream of being a writer. I used to crochet. I used to draw all the time. I used to read. Then I started having alllllllll these kids and BAM!!! I lost my sense of SELF.

So, if somewhere inside this blog on your journey of reading all the things that I have to complain about, or all the crazy things that I just have to share, you find my sense of self, if you figure out who I am, what I wannna be in life and where my life is taking me, LET A SISTA KNOW!

5 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

This is such a great introduction. Happy partying! :)

Kristin said...

LOL! I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up too! :) I enjoyed reading more about you and I always love visiting your blog! What I do know about you is that you are a great Mom, a wonderful woman, funny, smart, and down-to-earth. I wish we lived near each other so we could meet in real life! I guess blog life will have to do!

Have a great weekend!

Kristin

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Heeeeeey! Party ovah here! Happy UBP 2009!

Radical Selfie said...

Loving the "bubbly" feel of your blog! I'm UBPartying too!! I'll be following ya!

MOMSWEB said...

You actually have time to party (lol)?