Thursday, March 19, 2009

Writer'workshop: What usually doesn't slide.....

It's time for Mama Kat's assignment. Every week this Queen Bee gives out assignments so that those that may be plagued with writer's block have something to help them create a great post.

It's fun so get over here and pick your prompt. There's a few good ones to choose from.


This week, this is my choice, simply because this just happened yesterday.

3.) Describe a time you allowed your child to do something that you normally would not let slide.

Now, if you know me then you know that when it comes to my kids and behavior, I don't let ANYTHING slide. I'm one of THOSE moms that is on my kids about the way they act at all times.

don't tolerate bad behavior and I don't tolerate temper tamtrums.

Some may say that those tantrums are a way for kids to express themselves, but here in the Wise house, kids are not ALLOWED to express their feelings unless it is done in a way that mom feels exceptable. I WILL NOT have kids that yell or talk back to me and I will not have kids that throw things when they are angry..... Until yesterday.

Sir-Talks-A-Lot (of course it had to be a story about him) wanted to go outside after school yesterday. He said that he was going outside and I simply heard the door shut behind him.

Okay, I wasn't upset about the fact that he hadn't ASKED to go out but simply took it upon himself to think that it was okay to just walk out of my door. I was peturbed simply by the fact that he was going outside to play in his school jeans and I didn't want anymore holes to appear in anymore perfectly good pairs of jeans.

Yes, I shoulda been mad that he just walked out the door like he was a teenager rather than a 6 year old, but you choose your battles, right?

Well I sent him in his room and told him that he couldn't go outside right now. Partically because his big brother was still doing homework and I wanted him to have some supervision.

WELL, Sir-Talks-A-Lot decided that my decision was unexceptable and storms off to his room screaming at the top of hid lungs.

Right at that moment, I heard the roar of the BMW's engine in the driveway.

"Your dad's home so you might wanna straighten up!" I called back to the room in a calm motherly voice.

Now mind you, any other time I probably would have been back in the room with the BEAT-EM STICK (my plastic ruler I pull out for such occasions) ready for an all out war, but I ignored him. ME!!! I ignored him.

So, from me, he got away with a temper tantrum that I NEVER would have let him get away with on any other accasion. Hey, it has to be that I am still sick and I just didn't feel like going into battle.

Dad, on the other hand, went back in the room and saw that Sir-Talks-A-Lot had thrown every pillow, cover and sheet off of his bed and was banging his fist on the floor in rage and decided that if mom wasn't gonna do anything, he was gonna handle the problem.

He, by the way, doesn't tolerate temper tantrums either................

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Doesn't Sir Talks A Lot realize that if Mama ain't happy then nobody's happy? Daddy to the rescue!!!!

That was a good post!