Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Guess I'm not fully recovered yet.

After being quarantined in the house for a week, I thought that since the sun was finally shining I was ready to be out and about. You know, shopping, and doing the normal PTO stuff. Well my body decided differently as I walked around the PXtra waiting for my husband to come help pick out some trees for the yard.

Headache, dizziness and just plain tiredness flowed ever me. It's been a week and for the next few days the sun will be shining. I just wanna be able to enjoy some rays.

Hubs insists that I take this flu thing more seriously and give my body the time it needs to get well. Tell those PTO folks that they are just gonna have to get someone else to step in for a while longer. After all, it is volunteer, Kay! No need to get worse by trying to work before you're ready. They can do it without you.

The thing is, I feel bad leaving them to do work that I had already signed up to do, so to say. There aren't many volunteers, as it is coming towards the end of the year and parent volunteers and enthusiasm are dwindling. I have a lot that I need to be responsible for, but there is no way that Hubs is gonna let me work when I'm still really sick.

I thank goodness for him because I know that I would surely push myself before I'm ready and end up sick all over again, but (pout) I wanna get back to work! (pout) There's only 2 weeks left until spring carnival! (pout) they NEED me!



*********************************************************************

On another note, how about I went into the bathroom to check on Sir-Talks-A-Lot last night as he had been in the tub for quite a while and when I opened the door he was laying on his back........... SNORING! Before I realized that he was asleep, I have to say that my heart almost pounded its way out of my mouth at the site of my child laying in 4-5inches of water non-responsive.

The sound of his snoring brought color back to my face as I called his name TWICE to get his attention and fussed, through my teeth that he better not EVER fall asleep in the tub EVER EVER again.

I wen into the bedroom and told my husband to go talk to his son who was just short of giving me a heart attack. Of course, Hubs wasn't quite as NICE about the situations as I was and the yells could be heard from our master bathroom.

But the boy really could have deserved a whooping for that, I mean, the thought that he could have been.......... well you know, sends chills down my spine. I may have to start standing at the door while he washed up just to make sure that this situation doesn't happen again. That would teach him because the boys don't like mommy seeing their private parts, even though I was the one cleaning those wee wees when baby poop was oozing around in their pampers.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The PTO will manage...but you are precious to your family and friends so you've got to take care of you. Go slow and rest often.

Now, for your son...I probably would've been so upset from worry that I would've turn the cold shower on (just saying it...probably wouldn't do it). I can't even imagine what that felt like. You may just have to get an alarm clock that rings after 10 minutes in case he falls asleep again.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

I like the cold shower idea. That is something I actually WOULD do! LOL!

Amy said...

He fell asleep?! Goodness you must have just about died of fright. That is terrifying!

Jenni said...

The flu takes a LONG time to recover from. I didn't feel right for several weeks when I had it a couple years ago!

And I say it is showers only from now on for your little tun-sleeper! Eek!

Melissa said...

The PTO will be ok without you for a few days.... better now, than when it gets closer to your carnival!!

Listen, my oldest did the whole fall asleep in the bath thing... ONCE!! And after the ass-chewing he got from me (after I recovered from a heart attack), he won't do it again!!

Laura Marchant said...

I seriously think I would have had a heart attack if I walked into the bathroom and saw that, lol! Thank goodness he was only snoozing.