Thursday, March 26, 2009

Writer's Workshop: I'm praying for.....

Today is another Writer's Workshop day hosted by Mama Kat @ Mama's Losin' It and today I'm gonna do the one about

1) SOMEONE i'M PRAYING FOR

Right now and for the last few days I have been praying for a baby that I don't know personally, feel like I know through his mother's blog.



Prayers for Stellan
This sweetie pie is currently in the pediatri ICU with SVT (Supra Ventricular Tachycardia=very high heart rate). This story touched my heart. This little one had a fight in utero with the same problem and doctors said then that he wouldn't make it.
Well, Miracles do happen when you trust in God.
He was born without any problems and has been strong since.
A few days ago things changed for him and now he is in the PICU fighting to keep his heart rate down.
So I have been checking is to MckMama's blog daily, praying along with the hundreds of others that are praying as she continues to keep the blog world update on Stellan's progress.
MckMama has so much faith in God. She has put everything in His hands in seems at peace with whatever decision He makes for her little man. (Much more calm than I coule ever be)
I have never met her, but have been a follow of her blog for a while and she has some of the cutest kids I've ever seem. They just make you wanna follow her unique stories.
So right now, I am praying for a family and a baby that I have never met, but whom I know needs constant prayers.
_______________________________________________________
I am also praying on a regular basis that Hubs DOES NOT have to go to Afganistan in a few month for a 12 month deployment. He has never been there, or Iraq or anywhere else over there, simply by the grace of God and I am hoping that he can avoid it for a few more years until he retires. He has word that his unit, MIGHT be going in August. I am praying all the time that this simply doesn't happen. I don't like being a single mom and that's exactly what it feels like when he's not here.
So pray with me cause I won't be so Mommy Fabulous is I'm alone!
****************************************************************
So THAT is who I am praying for! If you wanna join in on this one or if you wanna see what other Prompts Mama Kat has this week, get over HERE and check them out.

11 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

I've been following Stellan's story too, and keeping him in my prayers. I'll remember to mention your family in my next talk with God as well. My husband spent nearly two years in Iraq and it's not an experience I'd care to repeat or that I'd wish on anyone. It's do-able, but certainly not enjoyable.
Best Wishes,
Stephanie

Melissa said...

Wow, I think we have the whole blog world praying for Stellan (see my post too)!!
I love reading MckMama's blog and Seeing all her great pictures and cute kids!! (but of course not as much as I enjoy YOUR blog) :)

Anonymous said...

I too have been praying for that little guy.

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

Stephanie - Thanks for the extra prayer shout out to the Big Guy! LOL. I'm gonna need even more if he does go. I like the way that you said it's do-able but not enjoyable. Too true. Hubs has done 2 tours in Korea in the last 5 years. 1 year each. Not enjoyable at all!

Melissa - Thanks girl! so glad to know that SOMEONE enjoys readin'. LOL!

blueviolet, Melissa and Stephanie - Keep praying! I know I will!

Unknown said...

Your blog page is so beautiful! I hope your husband doesn't have to go to Afghanastan either. Your boys are so cute. Oh my!

Unknown said...

I am right there with you Girl as far as the praying goes that your hubby will be able to stay put. I can't imagine being with out my Boo for even a few days so a year or two is out of the question.

Also praying for Stellan. He's such a beautiful boy!

Amber Filkins said...

I've also been praying for little Stellan. And I'll be saying a prayer that your hubby can stay home. Great blog! Stoppin over from Mama Kat's

Jenni said...

I am praying for Stellan AND that your husband doesn't have to go away...

shunee said...

oh sad. I will be praying for this little guy, and I will pray your honey don't go back.

Aubrey said...

I just recently came across Stellan's story. So sad!

Also, I will also pray for you and your family that your dear, brave Hubs does NOT have to go away!

Dumb Mom said...

Stellan has tons of us on his team. We're all praying for him to pull through and for his family to be blessed. His story has touched so many of us. Glad to meet your blog:)