Thursday, March 5, 2009

You might wanna stay away from me!

I'm feeling kinda weird. Perhaps I'm some kinda bad luck or something, because it seems like these last few weeks have been extremely grim for people around me.

People are dropping like flies around me.

Let me tell you what I mean.

Last week my friend lost her sister. This week she lost her grandmother.
My son's teacher is out to bury her granddad. Her father is in the hospital sick.
My dad lost a friend to breast cancer. Her memorial is today.
My mother's husband bury his grandmother two days ago.
Is it me or is there a trend here? These people are in my prayers every night.
And I woke up early this morning thinking about the custodian we lost at our school last month. She went to sleep and didn't wake up. I was up thinking about the memorial that we as PTO simple have to get soon to honor her properly.
So, I don't know what it is, but it's been a grim couple of weekend for me. I'm hoping that this is the END of it it things start to pick up from this point!

6 comments:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Yikes. I feel for you. The black cloud over the head.

Hope things start looking up soon!

Kristin said...

I hope everything does pick up for you! When my Mom died in 2004, I went to 3 funerals in 3 weeks. Her's was the last one, and totally unexpected, and so I understand what it's like to just feel that cloud of doom. It justs makes us realize that we have no guarantees for our time here on earth and we have to make a point to make the most of every day.

Unknown said...

My grandmother used to say that death comes in threes and sometimes even fours. I believe that she's right. The minute I hear of one celebrity death, there's usually someone not too far from going as well.

I just hope it gets better for you!

Colette S said...

Death can be scary but it's apart of the cycle of growth and generations moving on....The question is how we grieve.

I do understand how you feel and would feel weird too.

I would also get to think about the cycle of death and life and what comes after.

Ps. thanks for stopping by my blog.
The diaper thing is now funny and will make a good family story for later years, but it was frustrating then :) We did have a wonderful time...not sure how to top that. Its gorgeous.

Melissa said...

Awww honey...it's not you.... it's just a string of some crappy things in life right now.....
But, just in case...I will stand way over here... he-he :) j/k!!

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

oh man, I hope things start to turn around for you soon!