Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What I'm reading now

Have you ever felt overwhelmed?  Of course you have!  Who hasn't, right?  All a part of being a mom.

I have been desperately trying to finish my midterm for my Macroeconomics class.  I'm NOT loving this class.  I thought I could handle this class because it doesn't involve any math.  If you know me, you know that I LOATHE math.  

This is not a math class, but I think I LOATHE this class just as much!

The midterm has taken me hours upon hours to make it halfway through!

************************************

School is starting in a week!

I'm pretty excited.  And not because the kids will all be out of the house for 8 hours...

WHOO HOO!
PAR-TAY!
 
although that is icing.... but because they are all so excited to go back to school.  With one starting middle school, one going to the 4th grade and one so very excited about being a first grader, I plan on having a busy year.  They are all going to be at different school, because of you remember me talking about it last school year, the elementary school is split K-2 and 3-5.  Two separate schools.

That means 3 different PTO and 3 different schedules.  
This should be interesting.

*****************************************************
My Huachuca Wives project is going well.  I have over 30 people actively involved and I'm hoping to get closer to these ladies and get to know more once school starts and I have more time to devote to this project.  It's a lot of fun, actually.  I met one of the members personally during VBS last week.  She's very sweet and she thanked me for starting the page!  Imagine that?  Someone who was appreciative of me starting a group focusing on the good of Fort Huachuca!  

******************************************************
Lastly, I want to share with you all my newest read.  

I know!  Who has time to read, right?
Well, I purchased a book on iTunes so that is with me everywhere I go.  I can pull it out and read it whenever I can.  

The book is Digital Moms Handbook, by Audrey McClelland from MomGenerations.com and Colleen Padilla from  ClassyMommy.com.  


It's all the buzz around the Twitter world.  But when I read the review that fellow blogger, Renee @ Cutie Booty Cakes had on her blog, I knew I needed this book!

After all, I'm a digital mom, right?  I'm constantly stuck to my Twitter, Facebook and blog!  I don't go to the bathroom without my phone!  It's by time I learn to put those skills to good use right?

Well, I read the the first couple of pages and I was hooked.  Downloaded immediately.  For me, that's amazing because I have tons of previews of books downloaded to my iPhone, but this is the first purchase I've actually made!

(Next will be The Help, because I really want to read how that ends up before the movie comes out on Netflix!)

So, that's what I'm reading and so far, it's really good, although I haven't gotten to the meat and potatoes of the book yet.  When I finish, I'll let you know all about it, love it or hate it.

Kay

No comments: