Saturday, November 22, 2008

Awards and Fabulous Finds last Week

Okay first of all, I have been a bad blogger from because it has been about a week and I have not taken the time to thank Dorsey @ Searching for My Inner Skinny for giving me this fabulous reward.







Now if you haven't ready Dorsey's blog, you should go over there and check her out. I like her because she thinks a lot like me. It's nice to come into the Blog World and find that there areally are people out there that are like me (contrary to what Hubs thinks), I am not alone. She is witty and funny and just a good read.


So Thanks Dorsey for taking the time out and reading my mess of a blog and thinking enough of me to award me for it!



And Now I have to pass this along to some deserving bloggers. So here we go in not particular order:




Denene @ My Brown Baby

The Mom Jen @ Cheaper than Therapy








Secondly, here's my list of Fabulous Finds for this week. These are blog post by some wonderful bloggers. These post made me laugh, cry, or think.



Classy Chaos - Not only did she sponsor one of the best giveaways I have seem to date in the post, but the message was a strong one the inspires moms to Invest in themselves from time to time. A great read and a fun blog.

The McMommy Chronicles is one of the funniest bloggers I read. She makes it hard to pick just one post, but this one was pretty good about her husband's flat pillow and so was the one before that.

Mama's Losin' It should be more like Mama's LOST It after seeing this insane video apology to Motrin. She admits to being cracked out, but I think her first drug of choice is Motrin, for her whole family. I follow her faithfully for a daily smile, or gaffaw!

What do you mean it's due today is FUNNY! She is one of those moms who will say almost anything. In this post, she is having a discussion with her kids about Santa and God to the best of her ability.



And last, Comment of the Week Goes to:

Denene Millner@ My Brown Baby :
Sorry to hear that your family isn't going to be at the Thanksgiving table this year, but what a great opportunity for you to do something special just for your family. Try not to look at this as a loss, but a gain to focus on the people who are right there with you... maybe your kids can make a special dessert with you--they'll be grateful for that mommy time and the memories... maybe you can eat by candlelight and serve something totally unexpected and play Stevie Wonder songs and go outside afterward and take a family walk together--gaze at the stars... you realize pretty quickly when you focus on one another that there's a lot to be grateful for...

3 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

You are TOO sweet! Thanks so much for thinking of me!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Awww thank you for thinking of me!!!

Sorry it took me three forevers to get here and accept this wonderful award....I've been on the road, but am finally home!!! WOOHOO!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

You SO rock. Thank you for this wonderful award!!! And I'm glad you found some solace in my comment--how did Thanksgiving turn out?