Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Thankful!




With the holidays here, I can't help but get into the spirit of the season. I'm not doing much cooking this year, because Thanksgiving at my house with lots of family members just didn't pan out, but the good part of all that is I'm going where someone else will be doing most of the cookin'. So as I prepare myself for a couple of fine feasts at a few different locations, my heart if filled with the season of Thanksgiving. Not the food, Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and football part of it all, but the true reasons that I have to be so thankful and so grateful for.




This year, we found out that my dad has a major brain tumor with a very short life expectancy. After a major surgery and a couple of bouts with Chemo, that tumor has yet to rear it's ugly head again. I am thankful that God works miracles.


I am thankful for having suck wonderful, well-behaved children. Not everyone have children that are as mild-mannered, and pleasant as mine are (in public). I know I complain a lot about them, but for them I am truly thankful and would not trade them in for the world.


I am thankful and grateful to have a husband that is PATIENT with me. I'm not a basket of roses. I can't for the life of me figure out why he is still here when I wake up in the mornings or why he bothers to come home at night after work. I am mean, difficult and just plain bitchy on any given day of the week and still, for some reason, he is still here.


With the economy in the crapper, so many people losing jobs and homes, companies going bankrupt and laying folks off, I am thankful for what I do have. Yes, we are feeling the pain, too, but I am thankful that we have the small treasures that we have because there are always people who have less. I am thankful that we are together, as a family, and able to get through these times together.




So, as U prepare to sit down to eat on Thanksgiving Day, just be thankful that you have things to be thankful for because everybody ain't that blessed!

If you wanna participate in a day of Blog Thanks, head on over to Mommy Community and join in on this meme or just read what others are thankful for.

7 comments:

JenEverAfter said...

That's wonderful news about your dad! I hope you are able to spend the holiday with him!

Anonymous said...

Awesome list of things to be thankful for! Thanks for joining our Meme at Mommy Community - I will make sure to say a prayer for your dad!

Jenni said...

You have a lot to be thankful for!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

La Pixie said...

sooo beautifully written. isnt it nice to be able to think about all the things we can TRULY be thankful for??

have a great Thanksgiving!

Vodka Mom said...

I will say a prayer for your dad this Thanksgiving.

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

Hugs and prayers for your family and dad. If i have learned one thing from reading your posts - you're a strong woman and i'm sure your family is thankful to have you in their lives. HAPPY TURKEY DAY :)

ps. thanks for the kind words the other day - damn those kids LOL

Brittany said...

Those are wonderful things to be thankful for, great post!