Saturday, November 1, 2008

Through the eyes of a four year old

As I was typing my last post entitled "It's Halloween, People!", I got to the part where I was talking about Charlie Brown and the true meaning of Christmas, and I started saying, outloud mind you:
Isn't there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about???"
Okay, for those of you that are true Charlie Brown fans, you immediately know that I was reciting the part of the movie when Charlie Brown got frustrated with his "christmas play cast" because they weren't displaying the meaning of christmas in their play.
For those of you that don't know where I'm coming from, here's Linus's speech.



So, Miss Missy, who is playing quietly on the floor comes behind me and says:

So there you have it. The meaning of Christmas through the eyes of a four year old. Well, at least, my four year old. Hmmm. I guess I should have corrected her, huh?


3 comments:

Barbara said...

Haha. Its all about the toys man. Kids are like, "jesus who??" HEHEHE!

Don't even get me started on the Charlie Brown Christmas. Do you know that they used to sell the VHS at Shell Gas Stations when I was younger and I ended up with like 3 of 'em!!! Last Christmas, I took the shrink wrap of of one so that my daughter could watch it, lol.

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

I love that episode of Charlie Brown, and the soundtrack, too! And yeah, at age four, that's about all you can expect a kid to know about Christmas. She'll learn the true meaning soon enough...

OMG--it's almost Christmas already. ARGH!

Rachel said...

Gotta love Charlie Brown! And kids say the cutest things...how funny is she!