Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kiddie Hang Over!

So the Hubs is home! Whoo Hoo! Okay, so I didn't tell you that the Hubs was gone for 2 week TDY (temporary duty) to Texas. Ft. Bliss. El Paso. The desert. But I didn't mention it because... well... I don't know ya'll! I didn't want any psychos showing up at my door because they knew I was by myself. You know, since my blog is so popular and all I might have a couple of stalkers out there! (.... and all readers roll there eyes ....)

So anyway, he's back. And that's part of the reason that I've been MIA in blogland. I would say that he and I have been in blissful heaven making up for time loss, but instead, I've been suffering for a terrible cold. All the bells and whistles. Coughing all night. Sneezing all day. The excessive build up and constant hackin up of mucus. Like you really wanted to hear about that. Yeah I had it all. And poor Hubs has been left out in the cold while I try to nurture myself back to health.

On top of all that, my monthly visitor has arrived. What else can go wrong, so you ask?

Well, PTO had a Family Movie Night at the school on Friday and guess who was in charge? None other than me! So I had to drug myself and get to the school to make sure that everything was getting taken care of like the awesome coordinator that I am.

Well the night went fine, other that a few sound issues. The kids had a ball. Sir-Talks-A-Lot took advantage of the fact that I wasn't paying a lot of attention to my kids while I was working and I think he must have eaten some of everything we had available for sell. You name it, he ate it! Pizza, popcorn, nachos, cotton candy, coke and candy.

Well needless to say, by the time we got home, someone had a tummy ache. I think I had a preview of what he is going to be like the first time he comes home with a hang over! The boy passed out on the floor of his bedroom at the door way. Couldn't even make it to his bed. About an hour later(yes I left him on the floor), Sir-Talks-A-Lot comes to me covered in puke. Okay, remember the list of junk food? NICE! It was quite disgusting. And by this time, my meds had worn off and I'm back to sneezing and coughing like crazy trying to get this horrible mess out of the carpet while Hubs is asleep on the couch. He's usually no help when it comes to cleaning up puke. He tends to make himself disappear when the kids get sick. A frikkin' Houdini!

After a shower, apparently since I wasn't done cleaning in his room, Sir-Talks-A-Lot decides in his drunken stooper that he should go into the other room and pass out on THAT floor. BUTT NAKED! If I wasn't so frustrated, I woulda had an awesome picture to post! So I wake him and it's right back to the bathroom for another hurl!

After some Pepto, he slept through the night.

So I got a glimpse of what it's gonna be like for him in the future, on one of those crazy college nights (after his 21st birthday, of course) when he has partied WAY too hard.

All I can do is shake my head and pray!

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Haha. You've definitely got your hands full with this one... or should I say, his college buds are gonna have their hands full =)

Vodka Mom said...

I'll be right there praying with you! That's for sure.......

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear that you are sick and that your son was sick too. Hopefully the sickness has passed for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Puking kids are the worst! I so pity you. We've escaped the pukes for a while now (not since June) and I hope it stays away!

Jenni said...

Oh noooooooo... I hope he is MUCH better today, and thay YOU are, too!

Dorsey said...

Glads the hubby is back home, sick kids are SOO a cramp in your style, aren't they? hehe

BTW, here's a lil' something for you:
http://searchingformyinnerskinny.blogspot.com/2008/11/check-out-winter-butterfly.html

Rachel said...

Glad your hubby is back! I hope you feel better soon!

Melissa said...

YUCKY, YUCKY, YUCKY..I am sooooo.not.do.good.with.puke!!!
And I know what you mean-- I never post about when we are out of town...I know we all talk to each other on a daily basis--but come on, we've all seen the "movies"!!