Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Not a Domestic Diva!

For those of you that know me, you know that I'm not the domestic type. I mean, yeah I clean and I cook for my family. But I don't think I'd know where to start to get a room spotless. It pains me a little because I like to say that I have kids and that keeping a clean house isn't possible. Then I have a few friends who show me up on that.

You know them. The ones who would can visit at a moment's notice and there is NOTHING thrown on the floor or no dishes in the sink. I mean some of these chick literally have floors you can eat off of. I mean, you could even eat off of their bathroom floors! Eww! Gross I know. Not quite THAT clean, but you get my drift. I have a few friends like that. And I remember after visiting each and every one of them for the first time, I went home and cleaned my own house. That's the effect it had on me. I went and saw how everything in their houses was spotless and everything seemed to be in place, despite the fact that kids and toddlers were running around and I went home and thought, I can do that!



Yeah, that's not my house. I have one of those "Call before you come by" homes or you might have to stand on the porch and talk. When you walk into my door you are sure to be greeted my a minimum for 5 pairs of disheveled shoes and depending what time of the day it is, an unpacked backpack and a few lunchboxes too. There is always something on my kitchen counter and always something in the sink waiting to be placed in the dishwasher.

You'll be lucky if I let you use my bathroom, because, well, it's the boy's bathroom, not a guest bathroom and WHO knows what you might find lurking in there!

And the pillows that are supposed to be on the couch just seems to "fall" off . Nobody every knows how they got there.



So you see, I could NEVER be called a Domestic Goddess, Queen, or Diva because frankly, cleaning just ain't my thang!



And when my cleaning lady comes off vacation, maybe all of this will change, but until then, CALL BEFORE YOU COME BY or don't be surprised by what you might see!

8 comments:

La Pixie said...

if someone wants to drop by without calling first... I say, they do so at their own risk. I like to take my shoes off right by the door. so sue me. LOL

Dorsey said...

I always tell people that if they want to come over and see me, stop by anytime. If you want to come over and see my house, give me plenty of notice. =)

Barbara said...

Same here girl. I always wonder about those spotless homes with children. I always think, either the kids never get to really play or the parent(s) is following behind them all day picking up.

Like you said... that just ain't my thang!!

Cynthia said...

I here that...my cleaning woman comes today! So stop by after that;)

Melissa said...

AMEN!! I'm so thankful to have a cleaning lady...otherwise, I'd have a pig pen. Although, she comes on Fridays and by Monday it feels messy already!!
And the thing about boy's bathrooms is you might always find some pee-pee around the toilet...yuck!!

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Whoo--my cleaning lady is here right now... got the vacuum going, the house smelling all fresh and clean. I. Love. Her.

Anonymous said...

I know I've gotten better about my house the older I've gotten, but still...I know what you're talking about, I have friends like that too! And it makes me want to clean when I get home too! LOL Go figure!

Eh, I'm not a fan of the drop in's anyway, so if they see a messy house, oh well, maybe they won't drop in again, right? LOL

Rachel said...

I just get in the habit of picking up every day and doing deep cleaning once a week...hubby and I normally do on Thursday night so we can relax the weekend.