Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tell It Like It T-I-Z Tuesday

OMG it's Tuesday! I forgot what today is!


Tell It Like It T-I-Z Tuesday!

Well, last week I had nothing to say. I was trying to stay away from the whole new president thing because people were sick of hearing about it, so I couldn't find anything else good to talk about.

Today, I see that a hot topic in the news, even after two weeks, is Proclamation 8.

Hmmm. A bit of a touchy subject. I know that I may get a little heat for this, but I have very mixed feelings on this issue.

I always Always ALWAYS say "to each his own" when it comes to the whole gay thing. I mean I have to look at the fact that if one of my children comfronted me with this, I would love them regardless of their choice. I probably wouldn't like it, but I love have my children unconditionally and will support them till the end.

My mixed feeling come in saying whether or not gays should be allow to marry. Should marriage really be between a man and a woman? I'm sorry, Ellen, I'm not all the way sold on the gay marriage thing. But I'm not a total NO either. I see the points of both sides. I know that gays want equality. I guess that the only problem for me is, although I'm not a die-hard christain type person (Still seaching for a good church), I do believe in the bible. According to this book that we have taught from for way to many years to count, marriage and sacred and she be between a man and a woman. It's kinda hard to let that part of it go.

I do understand the movement of this, but I don't think that it can be compared to the Civil Rights movement of the 60's as it has been compared to in the news lately. NOT AT ALL!

I don't think it will be long before congress makes some changes to this in the favor of the gay community. I think that like the black movement, it will take time for America to fully except the gay community. I think that some changes are deserved. And if nothing else was learn from Novemeber 4th, we have learned that America is growing up and accepting things that were hard for her to accept in the past. Proclamation 8 was a set back, but anything worth having is worth fighting for. So although I may not be totally sold on gay marriages, who's to say I won't feel differently in the future? And though I'm not all for it, I'm glad to see that there are those that are willing to fight.

Now it's your turn to
TELL IT LIKE IT T-I-Z!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to keep quiet on this one. I have an opinion, but I don't want to offend anyone, so....

Melissa said...

Hey mama-- I wanted to tell you that I was SOOOO BUSSSSSYYYYY today that I didn't get a chance to do my "Tell it like it tiz"..... but please dont forget about me and PLEASE put a Mr. Limky next week!!!

BTW- Glad to hear Sir-pukes-alot is feeling better now...

Mommy In Pink said...

Wow...I totally agree with you here...I don't totally agree with the whole gay marriage thing either..however...if they want to, who am I really to say they can't...right? I don't care what they do in their private life...just keep me out of it! I just don't wanna know!