Monday, November 10, 2008

Diva Ma's Letter to Santa

Okay, my kids get to write their letters to Santa about all the far fetched things they want for Christmas so I figured why can't I? Kids get so much these days while the parents tend to go without to make sure they are happy. I don't ask for much, but today is my turn to put on the table the things that I want for Christmas!

If you'd like to join in, post your Letter to Santa and come back here and get hooked up with Mr. Linky.


Dear Santa,

Yep it's me. I know you haven't heard from me in about 19 or so years. It probably hasn't been that long. I can't remember exactly when I started feeding into all stories about you NOT being real, but I think I might have been about 11 or 12.

Anyway, boy have the years gone by. Now you're getting letters from my little ones and getting their list of demands. Man, Santa. Were my lists as bad as the kids these days? I mean, the things they want are way too expensive! How the heck are we supposed to keep up with these darn prices, keep food on the table and still make sure they have a happy Christmas? Even you have to have funds to keep the lights on at the north pole!

Okay, well this letter ain't really about them. Nope it's about me. Yeah, I know that I sound selfish, but mommy deserves something every now and then too, dammit! (don't put me on the naughty list for that one) I always go without things so that they can have what they need and want.

So I've come up with a little list of things that I want for Christmas this year. And if you can fit it in that magical bag of goodies you got on that flyin' sleigh then I might just have to give you some of my cookies on Christmas Eve.

First and foremost, I want a Digital Camera. See, mine is Kaput! Finished! DEAD! I'm so disappointed because it died right as we were coming into the football season and this was the boys first year playing. Well the cellphone I have has NO zone to it and doesn't catch pictures in motion for squat! So I didn't get any pics of them on the field.

Then here was Halloween. You try getting 3 kids to stand perfectly still, after a sugar-fest-party at school, mind you, just-until-the-light-flashes-on-the-front-of-mommy's-phone-because-if-you-move-even-a-little-the-whole-picture-will-be-blurry.
So yes a new Digital Camera. Not just any cam either. Unless that's all you can afford fit into your sleigh, of course because beggers can't be choosers!

Another thing I would like (although I really really want a camera) is an ipod. I know I have one in my possession right now, but you know as well as I do, it's not mine and that as soon as my dad can make his way to visit, he's going to take it back. You know he's always been an indian-giver like tha. And even though he did say he would probably want it back, I kinda have been hoping he would forget. But since he hasn't and keeps talking about this one, do you think you can bring me a new one on Christmas? It doesn't even have to be one of those new ones (though they are uber nice!) but honestly I feel like the only way I can get on that treadmill and keep up a stride for more than 5 minutes is with the music in my ears. So really, it's a health thing with me. You do want me to stay healthy, right?

Okay, and this last one is a stretch, but you've performed miracles, right? I mean, look what you did for that little girl on Miracle on 34th Street. The new one and the old one. And I'm not even asking for nothing that big, although, right about now, it's just as far fetched. Okay, here goes. I want a laptop. Yep a laptop. Okay here's my reasoning behind it. See, my computer moves so freakin' slow and even freezes on me a lot. There's not enough memory on this thing. I can't even download a game without it overloading the virtual memory. Now, I have been planning on starting classes soon and a sucky computer will make it soooooo hard to write papers and complete assignments, you know. And how can I trust this thing with all my kids photos? I mean, it's not a bad computer. Probably just needs a few upgrades, but I want my OWN computer. A laptop. So that I can do the things I need to do, and maybe even start writing again. You remember that dream I had of writing a book, don't you?

Okay, so there you have it. My very selfish, grown up letter to Santa. About the things I want. I feel wrong for asking. I didn't even mention what the kids might want. But hey, you and me go WAY back. You understand, don't you? Sometimes, even MOMS have a wish list!

Thanks for all the great years.

Doing my best to be good,

Kay



9 comments:

Dorsey said...

I love your list!! Mine would include a camera too, and just some upgrades to my current laptop. =)

Ali said...

Oooooh I'd love a laptop so I can stay in bed and watch Arrested Development all day! Great list!

La Pixie said...

cute idea... Im working on my Santa Letter as we "speak."

Jenni said...

Love your list! I hope you get it all! Make sure you leave out cookies!!

Melissa said...

I love it.... I think I will write my own letter to Santa!!
Oh and thanks again for putting Mr. Linky up so I can Tell it like it Tiz

Daphine said...

LOL! This was cool! What a great idea. I may post one after I get caught up on other posts that I am behind on posting! I really enjoyed reading your list.

And you're right... Moms deserve a list too!

Boy Mom said...

Santa rocks! I'm sure you'll get everything...eventually.

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE it! And IMO it was VERY unselfish! Everything you asked for was needed....I mean, how on earth did you really get through football season with NO camera, *GASP*, I seriously would have died! I never leave home without my NIKON D40;)

The ipod, like you said...it's for HEALTH purposes, that is not selfish, your family needs you healthy;)

The computer...to me, that is a mental health issue, LOL WE all need a mentally stable Mama running the roost, now dont' we? LOL

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

ROFL--I LOOOOOVE IT!!!
Santa's not ready for me list... trust!