Monday, August 4, 2008

I bribed my kids today.




I wanted a little sanity today and I had to start by cleaning the house. See, I'm no domestic Diva. As a matter of fact, I can't keep the house clean for more than a few hours. Sad, I know, but I almost never put things back where they belong when I'm finished with them. I will come back later on and pick the things up, but it just wouldn't be me to put everything away right then and there. My husband and I have had numerous discussions over this as he is completely opposite, although I think I may be starting to rub off on him after almost 10 years of marriage. Hee Hee!




Contrary to all of that, I can't function when the house is disastrous and I can get really mean.




DANG IT! there's a fly that keeps going by my head and it's driving me CRAZY!




Okay, so I woke up this morning on a cleaning rampage, because although I hate to clean, I can't stand a messy house. I think I need a maid. LOL. But the kids, who, mind you, clean their room ever day, of course have a mess that is bugging me. After so many times of going in their room, with threats of course, I finally took out 2 five dollar bills.




............ darn fly just wants me to get up...................




So, I'd been promising them allowance all summer, but never gave it to them because they have the worse trouble remembering the basic. Make your bed, brush your teeth, you know the things I shouldn't have to say every.... single.... day. like a broken record.




For some reason, the idea of getting allowance never worked, but the actuality, the fact that they could visually see these 5dollar bills in front of them actually worked. I lit a fire under their behinds that I hadn't seen in quite a while. Not only did they finish folding their clothes and putting them away, but they cleaned and vacuumed their room, and vacuumed the hall and living room. WITHOUT ME TELLING THEM TO.




Money has a great effect on them. I should bribe them like that more often. Wonder if ice cream bribes would work just as well????






Okay so Miss Missy didn't do nuch , but I couldn't leave her out when she kept asking, "What's awowance, mommy?"









..............I told him to leave me alone.........................


2 comments:

Jenni said...

Ice cream bribes DO work wonders! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Your children are adorable! Great blog, hope you got that fly. Too funny!